What is Clean Drive’s business model?
Clean Drive offers a free plan and paid services. To make money, we encourage the users of our free plan to upgrade to one of our paid subscription services. We don’t help third parties to advertise their products to you. We also do not—and will not—sell your information.
Information collection and use
What Information does Clean Drive collect about me?
When you interact with our Site, Software, and/or Services, we collect information that could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”). Some of the information we collect is stored in a manner that cannot be linked back to you (“Non-Personal Data”).
Information you provide us when you create an account
When you sign up for or use our Services, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Data, including:
- Your username, email address, and contact and language preferences. If you log into Clean Drive with a social networking credential, such as with your Google account, we will ask permission to access basic information from that account, such as your name and email address. You can stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing Clean Drive’s access to that account.
- We request access to view your Google Drive account. This allows us to scan your files and folders in your Drive account and reach out to you via email when the scanning is complete. All of the scanning takes place on CleanDrive.app servers and no information about your files is passed to any third party.
Other Information we collect
We collect this information as you use the Site, Software, and/or Services:
- User Content. This consists of all text, documents, or other content or information uploaded, entered, or otherwise transmitted by you in connection with your use of the Services and/or Software
Automatically collected Information
Certain data about the devices you use to connect with Clean Drive and your use of the Site, Software, and/or Services are automatically logged in our systems, including:
- Location information. This is the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices (as indicated by an Internet Protocol (IP) address or similar identifier) when interacting with our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the internet, our servers automatically collect data when you access or use our Site, Software, and/or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include IP address, browser type and settings, date and time of use, information about browser configuration, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Usage information. This is information about the Clean Drive Site, Software, and/or Services you use and how you use them. We may also obtain data from our third-party partners and service providers to analyze how users use our Site, Software, and/or Services. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page on the Site and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to better understand and optimize the Site.
- Device information. This is data from your computer or mobile device, such as the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system and browser type), as well as unique device identifiers for devices that are using Clean Drive Software.
Information collected from other sources
How does Clean Drive use my Information?
We use, process, and store your Information as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests, including:
- To help us provide and administer our Site, Software, and/or Services, authenticate users for security purposes, provide personalized user features and access, process transactions, conduct research, develop new features, and improve the features, algorithms, and usability of our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Site, Software, and/or Services, product announcements, and software updates, as well as respond to your requests for assistance, including providing account verification support if you’re having difficulty accessing your account.
- To send you direct marketing emails and special offers about Clean Drive, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. For more information, please see the section titled, “Will Clean Drive send me emails?”
- To display User Content associated with your account and make sure it is available to you when you use our Services.
- To calculate aggregate statistics on the number of unique devices using our Site, Software, and/or Services, and to detect and prevent fraud and misuse of those.
Does Clean Drive review User Content?
As a rule, Clean Drive employees do not monitor or view your User Content stored in or transferred through our Site, Software, and/or Services, but it may be viewed if we believe the Terms of Service have been violated and confirmation is required, if we need to do so to respond to your requests for support, if we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it as described in the Terms of Service, or to improve our algorithms as described in the User Content section of our Terms of Service. Your Information may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Clean Drive and its users, or to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders, or other legal processes.
Information access and disclosure
Does Clean Drive share my Information?
We only disclose Personal Data to third parties when…
- …we use service providers who assist us in meeting business operations needs, including hosting, delivering, and improving our Services. We also use service providers for specific services and functions, including email communication, customer support services, and analytics. These service providers may only access, process, or store Personal Data pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us.
- …we have your explicit consent to share your Personal Data.
- …we believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of the Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property, or the systems on which we operate our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- …we determine that the access, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Data is required by law to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Clean Drive and users of our Site, Software, and/or Services, or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including national security or law enforcement requests.
We may disclose Non-Personal Data publicly and to third parties—for example, in public reports about file type usage, to partners under agreement with us, or as part of progress reports we may provide to users.
Clean Drive does not share your Personal Data with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you.
Does Clean Drive sell or rent my Personal Data?
No, Clean Drive does not sell or rent your Personal Data.
How do third-party apps and plugins work?
Some third-party applications and services that work with us may ask for permission to access your Information. Those applications will provide you with notice and request your consent in order to obtain such access or information. Please consider your selection of such applications and services, and your permissions, carefully.
Some third parties’ embedded content or plugins on our Site and/or Software, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, may allow their operators to learn that you have visited the Site, and they may combine this knowledge with other data they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services that can identify you.
Data collected by third parties through these apps and plugins is subject to each parties’ own policies. We encourage you to read those policies and understand how other companies use your data.
Will Clean Drive send me emails?
From time to time, we may want to contact you with information about product announcements, software updates, and special offers. We also may want to contact you with information about products and services from our business partners. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within Clean Drive emails and changing your contact preferences. All Clean Drive account holders will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Services, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
Does Clean Drive ever make any of my Personal Data or User Content public?
No, we do not share Personal Data or User Content except in the limited circumstances described in the “Does Clean Drive share my Information?” section of the Policy.
Does Clean Drive collect information from children?
Clean Drive does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we determine we have collected personal information from a child younger than 13 years of age, we will take reasonable measures to remove that information from our systems. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Site, Service, and/or Software. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through the Site, Service, and/or Software without their permission.
Data storage, transfer, retention, and deletion
Where is my Information stored?
Information submitted to Clean Drive will be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States. When you use the Software on your computing device, User Content you save will be stored locally on that device and synced with our servers. If you post or transfer any Information to or through our Site, Software, and/or Services, you are agreeing to such Information, including Personal Data and User Content, being hosted and accessed in the United States. Please note that the laws of the United States may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident.
How secure is my Information?
Clean Drive is committed to protecting the security of your Information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of Information you transmit to us, including Personal Data and User Content; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
We use industry-standard encryption to protect your data in transit and at rest.
Once we receive your data, we protect it on our servers using a combination of technical, physical, and logical security safeguards. The security of the data stored locally in any of our Software installed on your computing device requires that you make use of the security features of your device. We recommend that you take the appropriate steps to secure all computing devices that you use in connection with our Site, Software, and Services.
If Clean Drive learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on the Site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
How can I delete my personal data from Clean Drive?
You can remove your Personal Data from Clean Drive at any time by contacting us and requesting that your data is removed. Please note that, for security reasons, subscribers of our paid services will first be instructed to cancel their subscriptions before they can delete their Clean Drive account.
How long is personal data retained?
You can remove your Personal Data from Clean Drive at any time by deleting your account as described above. However, we may keep some of your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for our legitimate business interests, including fraud detection and prevention and to comply with our legal obligations including tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
What happens if Clean Drive closes my account?
If Clean Drive closes your account due to your violation of the Terms of Service, then you may contact Clean Drive to request deletion of your data. Clean Drive will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
As Clean Drive evolves, we may need to update this Policy to keep pace with changes in our Site, Software, and Services, our business, and laws applicable to us and you. We will, however, always maintain our commitment to respect your privacy. We will notify you of any material changes that impact your rights under this Policy by email (to your most recently provided email address) or post any other revisions to this Policy, along with their effective date, in an easy-to-find area of the Site, so we recommend that you periodically check back here to stay informed of any changes. Please note that your continued use of Clean Drive after any change means that you agree with and consent to be bound by the new Policy. If you disagree with any changes in this Policy and do not wish your information to be subject to it, you will need to delete your Clean Drive account.
For the purposes of this Policy, when we say “Clean Drive,” “we,” or “us,” we mean Clean Drive, LLC., 1037 NE 65th St #80192, Seattle, WA 98115.