This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Site and use our Software and Services and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
- We do not and will not sell your information. We don’t help companies advertise their products to you. (read more)
- We offer a free plan and hope you will upgrade to a paid subscription. Subscriptions are the only way we make money. (read more)
- We use a small number of trusted third parties to help provide our products. (read more)
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, you can contact us.
- On the Site.
- In email and other electronic messages between you and the Site.
- Through mobile or desktop applications you download from the Site or from an application store.
- When you interact with our applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications include links to this policy.
Capitalized terms used in this Policy and not otherwise defined shall have the meanings provided for those terms in the Terms of Service.
What is Clean Drive’s business model?
Clean Drive offers a free plan and paid services. To make money, we encourage the users of our free plan to upgrade to one of our paid subscription services. We don’t help third parties to advertise their products to you. We also do not sell your information.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
When you interact with our Site, Software, and/or Services, we collect Information that could be used to identify you, such as first and last name, email address, physical street address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Data”). Some of the information we collect is stored in a manner that cannot be linked back to you (“Non-Personal Data”). We collect this information (a) directly from you when you provide it to us; (b) automatically as you navigate through the Site; and (c) from third parties.
Information you provide to us
When you use our Site, Software, and/or Services, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Data, including:
- Information you provide in filling in forms or creating an account on the Site, including your username, email address, and contact and language preferences. If you log into Clean Drive with a social networking credential, such as with your Google account, we will ask permission to access basic information from that account, such as your name and email address. You can stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing Clean Drive’s access to that account.
- Access to your Google Drive account. This allows us to scan the files and folders in your Google Drive account and reach out to you via email when the scanning is complete.
- Records and copies of your correspondence, including email addresses, if you contact us.
- User Content. This consists of all text, documents, or other content or information you make available to the Site, Software or Services, such as information you upload, enter, make available for programmatic retrieval by the Software, or otherwise transmit in connection with your use of the Site, Services and/or Software.
Automatically collected Information
Certain data about the devices you use to access Clean Drive and your use of the Site, Software, and/or Services are automatically logged in our systems, including:
- Location information. This is the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices (as indicated by an Internet Protocol (IP) address or similar identifier) when interacting with our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the internet, our servers automatically collect data when you access or use our Site, Software, and/or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include IP address, operating system, browser type and settings, date and time of use, information about browser configuration, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Usage information. This is information about the Clean Drive Site, Software, and/or Services you use and how you use them. We may also obtain data from our third-party partners and service providers to analyze how users use our Site, Software, and/or Services. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page on the Site and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to better understand and optimize the Site.
- Device information. This is data from your computer or mobile device, such as the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system and browser type), as well as unique device identifiers for devices that are using Clean Drive Software.
We may use technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. Our products currently do not respond to Do Not Track requests. The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. These technologies help us to improve our Site, Software and Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit Clean Drive, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related Site statistics.
Information collected from other sources
How does Clean Drive use my information?
We use, process, and store information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data, as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests, including:
- To help us provide and administer our Site, Software, and/or Services, authenticate users for security purposes, provide personalized user features and access, process transactions, conduct research, develop new features, and improve the features, algorithms, and usability of our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Site, Software, and/or Services, product announcements, and software updates.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, as well as to respond to your requests for assistance, including providing account verification support if you’re having difficulty accessing your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To contact you about Clean Drive’s services that may be of interest to you, including sending you direct marketing emails and special offers about Clean Drive, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. For more information, please see the section titled, “Will Clean Drive send me emails?” We may also use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Though we do not disclose your Personal Data for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
- To display User Content associated with your account and make sure it is available to you when you use our Services.
- To calculate aggregate statistics on the number of unique devices using our Site, Software, and/or Services, and to detect and prevent fraud and misuse of those.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Does Clean Drive review User Content?
Clean Drive employees generally do not monitor or view your User Content stored in or transferred through our Site, Software, and/or Services, but it may be viewed if we believe the Terms of Service and License Agreement has been violated and confirmation is required, if we need to do so to respond to your requests for support, if we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it as described in the Terms of Service and License Agreement, or to improve our algorithms as described in the User Content section of our Terms of Service and License Agreement. Your Information may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Clean Drive and its users, or to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders, or other legal processes.
INFORMATION ACCESS AND DISCLOSURE
Does Clean Drive share my Information?
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and Non-Personal Data without restriction. We only disclose Personal Data that we collect or you provide to third parties when…
- …we use service providers who assist us in meeting business operations needs, including hosting, delivering, and improving our Services. We also use service providers for specific services and functions, including email communication, customer support services, and analytics. These service providers may only access, process, or store Personal Data pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us.
- …we have your explicit consent to share your Personal Data.
- …we believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of the Terms of Service and License Agreement, to enforce or apply those Terms of Service and License Agreement, including for billing and collection purposes, or to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property, or the systems on which we operate our Site, Software, and/or Services. For example, we may engage third parties to conduct risk control and fraud detection/prevention activities. As part of such engagements, if you initiate a transaction on the Site or through the Services, Clean Drive may give such third parties access to your pertinent credit card and other Personal Data. Such third parties may only use such Personal Data for the purposes of performing risk control and fraud detection/prevention activities for us. However, they may also convert such Personal Data into hashed or encoded representations of such information to be used for statistical and/or fraud prevention purposes.
- …we determine that the access, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Clean Drive, users of our Site, Software, and/or Services, or others.
- . . . we must comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory requests, including national security or law enforcement requests.
Clean Drive does not share your Personal Data with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you.
Does Clean Drive sell or rent my Personal Data?
No, Clean Drive does not sell or rent your Personal Data.
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. Residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out rights may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please know that Clean Drive does not currently sell data triggering Nevada’s opt-out requirements.
How do third-party apps and plugins work?
Some third-party applications and services that work with us may ask for permission to access your Information. Those applications will provide you with notice and request your consent in order to obtain such access or information. Please consider your selection of such applications and services, and your permissions, carefully.
Some third parties’ embedded content or plugins on our Site and/or Software, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, may allow their operators to learn that you have visited the Site, and they may combine this knowledge with other data they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services that can identify you.
Data collected by third parties through these apps and plugins is subject to each parties’ own policies. We encourage you to read those policies and understand how other companies use your data.
Will Clean Drive send me emails?
From time to time, we may contact you with information about product announcements, software updates, and special offers. We may also contact you with information about products and services from our business partners. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within Clean Drive emails and changing your contact preferences. All Clean Drive account holders will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Services, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
Does Clean Drive ever make any of my Personal Data or User Content public?
No, we do not share Personal Data or User Content except in the limited circumstances described in the “Does Clean Drive share my Information?” section of the Policy.
Does Clean Drive collect information from children?
DATA STORAGE, TRANSFER, RETENTION, AND DELETION
Where is my Information stored?
Information submitted to Clean Drive will be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States. When you use the Software on your computing device, User Content you save will be stored locally on that device and synced with our servers. If you post or transfer any Information to or through our Site, Software, and/or Services, you are agreeing to such information, including Personal Data and User Content, being hosted and accessed in the United States. Please note that the laws of the United States may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident.
How secure is my Information?
Clean Drive is committed to protecting the security of your Information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of Information you transmit to us, including Personal Data and User Content; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your data, we protect it on our servers using a combination of technical, physical, and logical security safeguards. The security of the data stored locally in any of our Software installed on your computing device requires that you make use of the security features of your device. We recommend that you take the appropriate steps to secure all computing devices that you use in connection with our Site, Software, and Services.
If Clean Drive learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on the Site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing, which Clean Drive will provide.
How can I delete my personal data from Clean Drive?
You can remove your User Content and Personal Data from Clean Drive at any time by contacting us and requesting that your data is removed. Please note that, for security reasons, subscribers of our paid services will first be instructed to cancel their subscriptions before they can delete their Clean Drive account.
In response to a request to delete your information, we will delete all information other than your email address and email preferences, IP address, last login date, and some high level information about your use of the Services (such as the total numbers of files scanned and deleted) (collectively, “Retained Information”).
How long is personal data retained?
You can remove your Personal Data from Clean Drive at any time by deleting your account as described above. However, in addition to the Retained Information, we may keep some of your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for our legitimate business interests, including fraud detection and prevention and to comply with our legal obligations including tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
What happens if Clean Drive closes my account?
If Clean Drive closes your account due to your violation of the Terms of Service and License Agreement, then you may contact Clean Drive to request deletion of your data. Clean Drive will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
As Clean Drive evolves, we may need to update this Policy to keep pace with changes in our Site, Software, and Services, our business, and laws applicable to us and you. We will, however, always maintain our commitment to respect your privacy.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive by a web page server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Some of the cookies will only be used if you use certain features or select certain preferences, and some cookies are essential to the Site, Software, and/or Services, and will always be used. Web beacons, tags, and scripts may be used in the Site or in emails to help us deliver cookies and count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by our service/analytics providers (for example, Google Analytics) on an individual and aggregated basis.
How to disable cookies
- Click here to learn more about managing cookie settings in Mozilla Firefox;
- Click here to learn more about managing cookie settings in Google Chrome;
- Click here to learn more about managing cookie settings in Microsoft Internet Explorer;
- Click here to learn more about managing cookie settings in Safari;
- Click here to learn more about managing cookie settings in Microsoft Edge.
If you want to learn more about cookies or how to control, disable, or delete them, please visit allaboutcookies.org for detailed guidance. In addition, certain third-party advertising networks, including Google, permit users to opt out of or customize preferences associated with your Internet browsing. To learn more about this feature from Google, click here.
Types of cookies Clean Drive uses
Many jurisdictions require or recommend that website operators inform users/visitors as to the nature of cookies they utilize and, in certain circumstances, obtain the consent of their users to the placement of certain cookies.
Each cookie used by Clean Drive falls within one of the following categories:
1. Essential cookies
Essential cookies (First-Party Cookies) are sometimes called “strictly necessary,” as without them we cannot provide many services that you need. For example, essential cookies help remember your preferences as you use our Site, Software, and/or Services.
2. Analytics cookies
These cookies track information about your visits and usage of the Site, Software, and/or Services so that we can make improvements and report our performance — for example, to analyze visitor and user behavior so as to provide more relevant content or suggest certain activities. We might also use analytics cookies to test new ads, pages, or features to see how users react to them. Google Analytics is the main technology we currently use in this regard. To learn more about Google Analytics and your privacy, visit the “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” page at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics when using our website, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
3. Functionality or preference cookies
During your visit to the Site, or while you use our Software or Services, cookies are used to remember information you have entered or choices you make (such as your username, language, or your region). They also store your preferences when personalizing the Site, Software, and/or Services to optimize your use of Clean Drive (for example, your preferred language). These preferences are remembered through the use of persistent cookies, and the next time you visit the Site or use our Software and/or Services, you will not have to set them again.
4. Cookies for promoting Clean Drive paid accounts
These Third-Party Cookies are placed by third-party advertising platforms or networks in order to deliver ads for Clean Drive paid accounts and track the performance of those ads. These platforms may subsequently use information about your visit to cleandrive.app to target you with advertising for Clean Drive paid accounts on other websites. You can opt out of interest-based targeting provided by participating ad servers through the Digital Advertising Alliance (https://youradchoices.com/).
5. Social media cookies
For the purposes of this Policy, when we say “Clean Drive,” “we,” or “us,” we mean Clean Drive, LLC, 1037 NE 65th St #80192, Seattle, WA 98115.